By the end of this module community mental health staff will be
1. Understand the link between domestic
violence and substance abuse.
2. Understand reasons why battered women
may use drugs or alcohol.
3. Recognize barriers domestic violence
shelter staff may have in working with victims
who have substance
4. Recognize barriers mental health or substance
abuse staff may have in working with
victims of domestic
5. Identify appropriate strategies for assisting
mental health / substance abuse clients
who are in violence