This module presents information regarding the appropriate screening
and assessment of children who have witnessed domestic violence. Additionally
it presents information on understanding how domestic violence affects
parenting skills and how to assess the relationship between child abuse
and domestic violence. Safety planning information for children is provided
and description of appropriate clinical interventions is given.
By the end of this training module, mental health workers will
be able to:
1. Identify the impact of domestic violence
on different ages of children.
2. Identify appropriate screening and assessment
tools to use with children.
3. Discuss how domestic violence negatively
affects parenting skills.
4. Discuss the relationship between domestic
violence and child abuse.
5. Describe appropriate clinical interventions
to employ with children.